Friday, October 24, 2008

The mighty hunter has slain the wild beast....

This past weekend Madi and I had the opportunity to go on the all important deer hunt with Bryon. Bryon has been doing the dedicated hunter program the past couple of years and he was getting pretty down and out because he had been hunting all of the seasons and just wasn't having any luck this year. Bryon's friend, Tyson, was going to Monroe to hunt with his In-laws that live down there. Since they would be staying in a house and Tysons wife and son would be there, Madi and I decided to make the trip as well. We rolled out on Friday afternoon. Bryon knew he was only going to be able to hunt on Saturday and Sunday morning. He also knew he was going to have to work really hard if he wanted to get one. The boys all left at about 5:30 Saturday morning and those crazy guys stayed out on the mountain until about 7 or 8 at night. Honestly, who does that?! I was kind of bummed that Madi and I didn't get to spend any time with Bryon on Saturday but we know how important this is to him. And hey, how often does one get to spend an entire day shopping at the Monroe Walmart?!?!? That is an adventure in and of itself! Anyway, on Sunday morning Bryon and they guys headed out for one last attempt at about 6. I started packing up all of our belongings and loading the truck and I just had this feeling that Bryon was going to get one. At about 9:30 I was out packing up and they pulled in. I thought to myself, Sweet! He got one! I looked to the bed of the truck hoping to see the "wall hanger" he had promised me but I didn't see anything! No horns, no legs, nothin'! I scratched my head wondering why in the world they came home so early!? As soon as Bryon got out of the truck I KNEW he had shot one. They dropped down the tailgate and pulled out one of the greatest bucks of all time....... Let me just throw out a word of caution. If you have a weak stomach or do not like looking at dead animals, you may want to stop right now...... Below is a look at the monster buck that Bryon was able to harvest.... Wow Babe! We're all impressed you were able to kill Bambi! It's a good thing your daughter isn't old enough to have seen that movie! I'm worried if she were she wouldn't speak to your for months!!! I'm teasing! Bryon was able to harvest this buck with a perfect 80 yard shot out on private land (with permission of course). He took one look at his body and had to take him. These pigs had been livin' it up on the corn fields, etc. They were so healthy, Bryon knew he would be good eatin'! It's a good thing Bryon likes deer meat. You won't catch me touchin' it! YUCK!!! Good Job Babe! We're all really proud of you!
Doesn't Madi look impressed????

Madi of course, had to check everything out. That kid is too curious for her own good!

No comments: