
My Sweet Little Madi,
You have changed SO much in this last month! I look at you and see a little girl. It really makes me sad and happy all at the same time. I LOVE that I can talk with you now. You are so smart and you actually understand what is being said to you. You have a very extensive vocabulary, which I am told by your doctor that you should only be able to say about 7-10 words. Right now and you are spitting out new words left and right, so many in fact, I have lost count! You are getting super snuggly with your dad which I know means the world to him! Particularly the night you were un-winding in our bed at night and you went and layed next to Daddy and reached your tiny, precious hand out and took his hand in yours and held it there as you relaxed!
Early this month you really took an interest in your emotions book. I have only actually read it to you a few times due to your very minute attention span. With each emotion page I would read to you what it was and then showed you an action to act out that emotion. The next day you read the book to me. I particularly liked the "Grrr" with your upside down bear claws and the "Shy" with your bashful head tilted to the side. You are priceless Madi! I was astounded at how you had soaked up what I had showed you only a day before. It really made me nervous about that curse word you repeated after me the other day in the car...... Apparently you retain quite a bit in your cute little head.
It is so much fun to talk to you on the phone now. You can carry on a short conversation which always turns in to some sort of anxious babbling. We know when you are done talking because you kiss the phone and walk away. It really is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!
Someone has taught you to ask "Why?", which you use almost always at the right time..... you know, at the point when I just want you to do something and all you can say is "Why?". It is right about then when I realize I am carrying on an adult conversation with a 17 month old who's only contribution is to say "why" and I continue to explain as if you understand.... Even though I may act annoyed, I enjoy that time we spend together. Another great thing you have learned to say is "I don't want to". I am not sure who keeps teaching you these wonderful little things, but when I do..........
Yet another amazing thing you did to blow our socks off was count to 10. Sort of. You had been playing with the real phone again and I realized you had actually dialed some numbers. I went to turn the phone off and saw you had called 888-888-8888. So I asked you who you were calling at 888-888-8888 and your response...... 9,10. Now, with very little help you can count from 1 -10. Once again, you are amazing kid!
One of the most precious things you have learned to say is "bless you". I was cleaning in the kitchen this past weekend and you were watching Tinker Bell with Daddy in our bedroom and I sneezed. Out of no where I hear the sweetest voice ever yell out "bless you"! Madi I can't express how happy I am to have you in my life! You are such a smart little cookie! I hope you can continue to soak up all the information you can and reach your fullest potential! You are such a blessing to our lives! We love you more than you will ever know!
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment