Friday, January 16, 2009

DaTe NiGhT At tHe BoOnDoCkS

Last weekend Bryon and I went out for a date night with our friends Jaci & Jared. We decided to meet at the Chili's by our house at 6:30. When we pulled in we immediately knew we would be waiting for A LoNg TiMe! Bryon and I ran to in to see how long the wait was and were told 20-25 minutes. We figured that wasn't too long so we waited. At about 7:15 We were still standing in the cramped corner past the door like a herd of cattle! Jaci went to see how much longer we had and was told there were 4 names ahead of us. We decided since we had waited so long already, we might as well just ride it out. After another 15 minutes of straining our ears for our names Jace asks again how much longer and she is told that they had been calling our name for the past 15 minutes. Um, no ya weren't Chuckles! We were standing right there....... Sometimes I just plain hate people. This was one of those times. So we were finally seated and had probably the worst waitress in the hole place which wasn't helping things, but I am not one to complain (to your face anyway) so we smiled and ordered our food. When it came out I was a little disappointed to say the least. I order the same thing every time, so I know what it should be like...... Is it wrong to be so upset with a stupid restaurant? Well I was! At least we had great company and that kept the mood light and enjoyable!
After we finished up at Chili's we made the trek out to our car (we had to park at the liquor store down the road just to get a spot!) we decided to go play lazer tag. Jaci and Jared said that the Boondocks had a course, so we were on our way. I have never played lazer tag before and I had no idea what to expect. When we got there we were really excited because the line consisted of the four of us and another couple about our age that we didn't know. We were pretty excited about the lack of "short people" in line. When they let us in the back room we found there were 3 young kids (ages 8-11, I would guess). They apparently had all day passes and chose to pass the time annihilating the adults EvErY RoUnD! So we go in there thinking were all tough and that we can gang up on the kids. We made a pact with the other couple that we were going to get the kids. So were in the room running around when I feel my shield shaking (the sign you've been shot). For the life of me I can't find the culprit. I keep running around shooting at Bryon playfully and find myself getting shot more and more by some hidden sniper! So the round ends and Jaci and I are comparing scores and she had like 376 points. We kind of laughed at how bad her score was because I had a wapping 1,148. I was so proud! As we were walking out the smallest of the 3 kids comes up to me and announces that he shot me some 300 times in a row and I didn't even know it. I kind of just brushed it off like he was some dumb kid, what did he know? Apparently he knew a lot. When we checked out the final rankings/scores. My 1,148 was actually -1,148. That's right. I was in the negative. Whatever... I'm not bitter at all........ dumb kid.......

After I had finished picking up the pieces of my pride in the lazer tag room, we headed out in to the game area. We bought a bunch of tickets and started playing. We had SO much fun! That place is a blast! One of the highlights of the night was the jump rope simulator. Bryon was AwEsOmE at that thing! I must admit that it is very commical to watch 4 grown people jumping on that game! Here some of the pictures capturing our entertainment.
Jaci's MaD JuMpInG skills!
Jared's jumps were HiLaRiOuS!!!
Bryon, our very own JuMpInG JaCk JuMpRoPe ChAmPiOn.....

Bryon and Jared played some mad sniper games, both of which Bryon got served..... That's ok Honey! You're still my number 1 sniper! Ahhhhh.....
Jaci and I played Deal or No Deal. Jaci hit the 30 ticket case, Not bad, not bad....... I on the other hand hit the 100 ticket case (the equivalent of the million dollar case) Oh yeah!!!
Finally to round out the night, we talked Bryon and Jared in to facing off on Dance Dance Revolution. Can I just say WoW!!!! My little white boy can DaNcE! Check these two cuttin' a rug!
We ended up with just over 300 tickets so we "bought" our little princess her very first bow. It is pink even! She LoVeD it! The next morning she found it in the package and insisted on playing with it right away! I helped her shoot it for a while and then she thought it would be fun to just pack it around. I just think she didn't want to go retrieve arrows anymore. Behold.... the next generation of bow hunters.......
Until next time.....

1 comment:

Chad and Kristin said...

WOW!! I had no idea that Bryon could groove like that! Looks like you had a ton of fun. Do you think I could ever get Chad to do that???