Friday, June 20, 2008

Madi fought the chair.... and the chair won

As you know, my little Mads has started crawling. Now that she has started she doesn't stop.... and she has gotten fast! She boogies right across the floor in the flash of an eye! Anyway, my Mom had invited us to eat dinner with them so there we were, sitting around the table. Madi was on the floor playing around and crawling from one place to the next. She really wanted to go to my Mom so she crawled over to where she was. Apparently kneeling on the floor wasn't close enough for Madi so she got the great idea to climb up the bar stool to check things out. She got about half way when her weight pulled the bar stool righ on top of her. Luckily my parents have a thick rug under their dinner table that her head landed on but the chair had no where to go. It landed right on her head. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever moved so quickly in my entire life. I have never heard a scream so big and loud come out of something so small. Madi was inconsolable. I couldn't help it! I broke in to tears too. It was so hard seeing my little one in so much pain! I took her in to my parents bed room and rocked her a little bit. Once she mellowed out we assessed the damages.....The culprit
Check out the knot on her little noggin....
That's going to leave a mark......
What a little trooper!
Surprisingly it looks a lot better this morning. We have our fingers crossed that it doesn't bruise. We will definitly stay away from the bar stools until we get things mastered a little bit more. Not to mention the fake flowers that she ate yesterday, but that is whole different story all together!

1 comment:

Susan Brady said...

It is her first battle but unfortunately it probably won't be her last. Don't you wish you could always just hold her and protect her. She is so beautiful. Just like her mom.