Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Letters from Mom....

My Dearest Madisyn,

So much has happened just in the last month! I can't believe how much you have grown! You are no longer my little baby you are my little girl! You started walking only a few short weeks ago and now we can't hold you back. Your balance is improving everyday by leaps and bounds and you are even making small attempts at running. You are starting to talk so much, albeit, not very coherent, but you are talking! Tears streamed down my face when you and daddy called me at work the other day and amidst your adorable babble, you said "love" which we later found out is your way of saying "I love you". And as much as I love hearing you call out for your momma, it really would be nice if you could find a different word to use when you want something. But I love to watch you learn. You are so lucky to be able to spend so much time with your daddy during the week on his days off. His new favorite thing to do is to teach you a new trick to show me when I get home at night. The latest accomplishment is that he taught you to throw garbage away in our cupboard garbage. It really is tender to watch you struggle to open that door, but you are so determined to do what you have been asked to do. The only down fall to this great trick, is that you don't know the difference between actual garbage and things such as, oh say, mommy's wedding ring. We are going to have to re-arrange our house so that the valuable things aren't so easily accessible to your adorable little curious hands. This past month has been incredible. I can't wait to see what November brings. I love you Madi!

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

AH... HALE said...

So tender...

Marrissa said...

Did you steal this idea from dooce? I love it!!

Chad and Kristin said...

Arent you such a cute mom?!?! She is a darling girl. Maybe Bryon can come over and teach Kylie how to throw things away......
Love you guys!
Kristin