So the Holidays have come and gone and they went WAY too fast if you ask me!!! We weren't sure how Madi was going to like Christmas, Santa, etc. At the beginning of December we had a family party with Bryon's side and they had a surprise visitor. I thought for sure Madi would refuse to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wanted. I didn't even know if she KNEW what she wanted. As soon as Santa and Mrs. Claus walked in, Madi ran up to Santa and shouted that she wanted a train set! Ok, so we all knew Madi had no chance at being a girly-girl with us as her parents, but even I was caught off-guard at her request. Oh well, they make girly trains now days. So after that party we knew Madi was going to be some-what fun for the holiday. A few days later, when we were at "the local Walmart" we saw some gingerbread house kits. We thought it would be fun to get one and let Madi go to town! Little did we know how obsessed she would get over that thing. We wanted it to be a family activity and with Bryon's crazy work schedule, there sat the box on the counter as a torturous reminder to Madi what fun she had yet to behold! Every day she would ask me if we could make the "Red Ginger House". Day after day I kept breaking her wee little heart. Until one early Saturday morning when Daddy was actually home. FINALLY!!! We all got up early (as can be seen in the photos, it was maybe too early) and we began. Daddy and I helped frost the roof and Madi went to town with the decorations. I think she might have a hint of OCD going on or something. Notice how she decorates......

She was color coordinating the decorations and lining them up according to type of candy. Who is this kid????
Ta da!!! All done! Madi was SO proud of her house. It is still up in our front room as we speak. I am not sure I have the heart to throw away her work of art! I keep thinking the puppy will get into it and I can blame it on her, alas, the only good thing the puppy does is stay out of food and treats on the end tables. Stinkin' dog! She's a whole nother post all together though. (be sure to tell Bryon how much you appreciated his pillow hair in the photos)!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment